Friday 25 September 2009

Make it work


This is a banner I designed for Leeds Action Student Volunteers society. An organisation run entirely by students at Leeds University; set up to provide a free service to all areas of the community, from arts and crafts classes for kids to fun days out for disabled children.

I am currently working on the society's Publicity team and for the website I was asked to design a welcoming and creative banner, with the objective of capturing the attention of the audience (students) and encouraging them to join the society. 

From a previous module I did  earlier this year I had learned the value of simplicity. For a website it is the commonplace notion that people hate pop-ups and the excessive flashing of possible "prizes" to be won from some online competition. Therefore I decided to keep my banner as simple and as to-the-point as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment